Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated. With racing season ending and the offseason taking over, I haven't been motivated to blog. Here is a quick update of days, weeks, and months to come:

Lifting lots of weight - I have been hitting the weights pretty hard for the last 2 months and plan to continue in the weight room through the start of the season.

Run help - My goal in this off season was to lift weights (see previous statement) and work on my run. Due to some December calf issues (body part, not baby cows) I have not been running until yesterday. I hope to get back on track building a solid base of weekday runs followed by the Saturday Snow Storm Classics at Forest Park. When the base is there, the track workouts and hill repeats will follow.

NEW BIKE! - I am looking forward to racing on a new bike this upcoming season. I won a Guru Chrono frame in October and can't wait to be on a new classy whip come May!

Back to Skiing! - I have jumped back into downhill skiing this winter and am totally stoked about it. I had my first run on New Years Day when it was a balmy -12 degrees at the summit of Mt. Snow and a much warmer -7 at the base. It is similiar to riding a bike, as it came back to me fairly easily. Can't wait for more runs!

Big Races in 2009 - I plan on hitting up some big races this season. Provided I register in time I will be racing at the new REV3Tri Half Iron in CT in June, Providence 70.3 in July, and Timberman in August. All three are half irons and the second 2 hold qualifying spots for Clearwater 70.3 World Championships which is the ultimate goal of the season.

Distraction alert!! - On a shot of pure luck, I am hoping to be selected for Survivor!! I am currently working on my audition tape in the hopes of being selected for the cast of season 19 to be filmed this summer. There will always be triathlons, who knows how long survivor will be around for.

Now its time to get back to the books (PT exam is just around the corner)

Cheers,
Paul

No comments: